BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Family

Matt and I have been married for all most 5 years and together for almost 6. Over those 6 years I have become quite fond of his family. He has great aunts and uncles and all of them are not so healthy. Well Thanksgiving was a day of up and downs.
Matt's Uncle Jim has been pretty sick. Off and on he has been in the hospital or been really sick. Every time he tells me "I am not going to let this get me". I admire his strength to keep fighting. Last week he got really sick again. So sick that if another one of Matt's uncle had not stopped to visit him he would have died. He could not breath. So all week his daughter has been staying at his house. Early Thanksgiving morning Matt's parents got a call from his grandma, Jim is there and is worse. They are considering bringing him to the hospital. Well some how he managed to get through it and was able to stay for our untire dinner. However, he looked horrible. He looked super skinny, as if his clothes were going to fall off of him and he is attached to an oxygen tank. When we left I told him I hoped he started to feel better soon, expecting to hear his normal respose, I was quite surprised when I did not. He said Thanks, Matt asked if was going to be here later, he said if I make it through the night. This told me he was done fighting.
Now he is the hospital, there is nothing they can do, but wait.
He has not been my family for long, but Matt's family has accepted me and Patrick into their life with no questions. I will miss him when he is gone.

0 comments: